Window-pain

Windowpane with snow
Opened in from here
Frost has built up far too long
This window must be cleared
Penetrating chill sets
Shaking in my skin
Snuggled in my memories
Still the cold seeps in
I search for a warm body
One to make me whole
But the cold still lingers
Chilled to the soul
Weeping tears of blood
My heart, it cries out
Seeking another soul
Can I live without?

My pride flies south
Words freeze in my mouth
I am at a loss of life
Ice-covered heart
Don’t know where to start
Maybe spring will bring new life

Frozen crystal drops
Still I sit alone
Apart from you, Oh God
My true heart is my own
Upon a June will be a bloom
A light through the dead of night
Of your soul; this chill is just a hole
From you; only you can heal

A tangle of emotions
I’ve cut myself apart
I won’t play that game
I will protect my heart
Often prey to silence
Caught in past remains
The warmth within my body
Has chilled in my veins

Could spring be on the march?
Is this rose sign?
Be my rest ‘till light
The color within my mind
Yes, winter has its place
To call what summer hides
To take a look down deep
Cold attracts a warm guide

My breathing has slowed
The color has returned
Through your faithfulness
My heart has been well earned
Take me on your chest
Sail with me this night
Take me to your world
To have warmth in the light

0 comments: