An Ignorant Boy

I have noticed something in the past few years of my life, something that I always sensed, but never knew what it was. God has pulled me apart from most of my generation for some reason that only he knows. He took me out of public education, he has pulled me away from the stereotypical 'boy friend-girl friend' game, he has given me his love to shine, and he has instilled in me a willing heart to follow this journey. I do not know where it will lead, or what all that I go through is for, but I know that I do not want to take the other route. He forged a strong connection with me and I can only trust that He knows the bigger plan in all of this, that he choose me for a reason. He has pulled me out of confusion and ignorance into a world that is way over my head. My only prayer is that he will find in me good soil and that wherever this path leads I will be able to follow. 


Though darker days arise
You will be my shield
Though I trek through drought
Your love is my yield 
When I can see no sun
You become my moon
When the shadows lengthen still
You bring high noon
Over mountain pass
Under earth and rot
I rest my trust in you
My heart has not forgot
The love that has been shown
You have my one good shot


0 comments: