The End To A Beginning

The crisp of mountain fades to blue
Once snow is now mere dust
Gone are the trees of green and gold
And the still I have come to trust
But this place is not where you are
Although you have met me here
No, you reside within my heart
Wherever I am, you are near
I shall miss the quiet wood
The gentle breath of air
Seeking you among the trees
Running through fields so fair
As little ones who soak up sun
You lay alongside me
Through silent meadows full of life
To old and dying trees
And though our time here has passed
We journey to another place
I follow every track you leave behind
A hunter on the chase
From the rivers to the seas
I will follow you
From the flowers to the trees
Nothing is too great to loose
Though I loose home and love
I have only lost what you gave
Though no life but from above
Your breath is all I save

0 comments: