Pure Souls

 So in Avatar (If you haven't seen it, stop reading right now and buy a ticket for the next showing) there is this idea of pure souls, or seeds of the sacred tree, that are so in connection with Eywa (their Mother God) that they will often serve as diviners, making Eywa's will clear. I caught on to this idea, and, as I often do with symbols I find around me, tried to find its counterpart in our world. Something so in sync with God, so in touch with his love, so pure, that if we listen hard enough, we can almost hear his voice.
 I went with Joshua to see the movie for his birthday today, so I asked him on the way home what he thought about it. Somehow or another we started talking about how strong they were and how "wide" their muscles were. Then Joshua turns over to me and says,
"But the thing about them is they know that strength is not just being strong, but being gentle too." Wow. "Where did that come from?" I asked him.
He replied with, "I just heard the movie better than you did Chris."

So here in lies my theory. Although it has been well known for ages, it has been lost and forgotten by most. Children hold pure spirits within them, spirits that grow hardened to this world as they grow up. Maybe the reason children can hear God better is because, in Joshua's words, "[They] don't have so many things going on in their brains."Maybe their pure spirits are more than just a brain without lots of stuff in it.  Maybe we should be learning from them, and hearing what they hear. And maybe, just maybe, "It is very hard to fill a cup that is already full." -Moat, "Avatar"-

0 comments: