Letters on a Page

The words that I say are not enough. They are just letters on a page without the inspiration, the life that drives those words. When God writes in me, something amazing happens; a connection is formed between me and God, between heart and pen. I can say what is truly on my heart, what I am feeling with him. Every time I try to recreate that bond, that unity, It always just turns into a bunch of scrap paper if anything. I cannot write without Him, I cannot sing without Him, I have nothing good besides what he has put in me. 

  I am confronted by this sobering truth every time I try to write words that are not put into my heart, words that I speak from my mind. The fact is this; I find myself using God to get what I want from him, namely songs. How wrong is that? I have totally abused his heart and for what? A catchy tune and some neat words? No, I will not do this one more day. God, the words that you say are the words that I will write, no more, no less. 
  This certainly does create an unconventional little world though, relying on God to write, but it is worth it to me. It is worth not knowing when or where I will be inspired to have the pride of my father reading over my shoulder as I write. 
  Well God, where we go from here is a mystery to me, so I'll let you drive this time.

1 comments:

Jill said...

You have chosen the best.