A Day Yet So Much More


In the crisp air of the morning
I went to talk with you
To open up my heart
To see what words were new
I went out for myself
Although I would not day
You never said a word

You led me out when the sun was high
Reading my heart like a page
There in the shadow of the snow
I emptied out my rage
Let me have it all you said
The curses and the tears
Although I screamed you kissed me cheek

A step, a tear on the coldest eve
I laid it all down
I broke the dam and let it flood
A river way was found
Dancing in the cold white eye
These wet drops of light
Yet I let no tear go in vain

You found me
even in a dead oak tree
Underneath a frozen sky
These pools of light have caught your eye
You catch these tears I cry

I used you
I never thought it would be true
God can you ever take me back
There are so many things I lack
It is good to have you back

0 comments: