Blood Flow

If I was forced to choose one thing to do for the rest of my life, it would be writing; it is built into me, it is in my blood stream. Writing means so much more to me than simply conveying my message to people, it is a way of sharing are showing my life. But the more I write, the more I have come to realize this: The writer does not simply choose the words, the words must also choose the writer. I have found myself trying to write a song or a poem one way and it turn into something completely different. Sometimes, it is almost like I am just going along for the ride and letting the words carry me downstream. Then there are other times where I feel like the words are bleeding out of me, out of my heart, as if it were alive and it's own entity. I have found that if I keep myself open to this force, to this ocean of beauty, that it will often carry me much further and deeper than I ever intended to go, and I will become lost in it.

0 comments: