The Turn

 A peace too strong to hold
A silent that speaks so much
In the silence my heart grows bold
And is made still by your touch
Far too much to let go
Yet too wild to hold back
The love in your eyes shows
In cannot be held back
A fire unto dying wood
Yet the rain all the same
You burn down strength that stood
And still the flame is tame
Only breaking what must break
Only stealing what must go
Nothing more do you ever take
Without throwing seeds to sow


If a tree should hide your light from me
you swiftly cut it to the ground
Your jealous eyes are all I read
I follow a cord unwound


You wait on me to remember
If in your shoes, I would leave
You call me through september
And many nights you have grieved
A lover held back from her love
You weep a tear unseen
You call my name, 'Come back my love!
Awake from this empty dream!'
Why should I seek another voice
When you already speak pride
Where I should be glad and rejoice
I seek another guide
Oh the tears you've shed on me
When I was lost from you
Oh the days you called to me
When I sought a love untrue
Though at times I leave your side
I always return to your heart
You held me head when I wept and cried
You loved as though we'd never been apart


The joy you spread upon my head
That is where I find delight
I will rest instead upon your bed
As you cradle me this night

0 comments: