Faint Light

Deep within the night
I search for a light
Above my weary eyes, a star
Who's light lies not too far
Yet as I tread the globe
Darkness guards its trove
Only ever to see
Apart we will ever be


"Oh that I could touch
Oh to feel your heat
Though space and life apart
You called me off my feet
If light was always near
I would not know this shining tear
Had never been a break from day
Forever we would be away
As absence makes the heart grow fond
I will wait for light beyond
While I wish that you could stay
You are just a light on the way
I grasped for you within my tears
And for a time, gone were my fears
But any light apart from day
Will go at last and fall away
Yet still I grasp for light in dark
I cannot stand to be apart
Faint light to me as bright
My eyes did not adjust
A darkened sky, you heard my cry
I came to you with trust
You did not stay, you could not stay
You knew the sun must rise
I found heat in your heart beat
Kindness in your eyes"


Oh moon, you found me here
Upon my cheek a tear
I needed you the most
You seemed as a ghost
You set behind a cloud
My eyes from light was shroud
I could not see your face
So I sought another place
Now you come out
Oh how I did doubt
Even in the dead of night
A mirror of you exists
Through night and day you light
Yet in the filed of stars I have missed


"Oh starry starry cloak 
Before my eyes as smoke
A beauty to behold
But in time grow cold"


Although you may light my ride
The sun will be my guide
A horse by day, a swan by eve
You've taught my heart to believe
Through light and dark you understand
But sparkling skies seemed so grand


"A diamond within space
I sought your pretty face
But where was I to go?
Where you go I cannot follow
Yet beauty still here lies
I seek you in the skies
But I must leave soon
The heavens awaken noon"






0 comments: