Learning to Fall

Oh mournful winter day
Tears wash our skin away
Darkness brings light underneath
Rain washes smiles off the grief
Clouds of sorrow, a looking glass
Awakening shadows of the past
Oh heavy eyes, how you see
Touching the deepest part of me
The weight of a dying world
A scarred and fallen world

Silence of the void
Strength of arm destroyed
All because you cry
Weary in your disguise
An open-heart caught away
Held back by delay
In a pause begins to weep
Blood not flowing is made to seep
From my chest, a falling stone
Apart from me, it dwells alone
Ever deeper, ever falling
Deepest oceans crags are calling
Lowest depths, greatest heights
Far away an endless flight
My head is tied above the ground
A greater love above is found

Oh wandering soul, where do you go?
Where does the wind carry you?
Drifting slow within the flow
Lost to find what is true

Held inside a body of earth
One day you will have new birth
One day not held back by lies
Free from a thinly veiled disguise
Tell me how to let you free
Open my eyes, let me see
Beauty lies beyond mere hands
As a desert is more than dying sand
Yet in this world is needed rain
Grow a heart to smell its pain
To each man, a broken part
Blooming with sincere hearts
Even a lily pulled from the ground
Will grow to beauty once earth is found

Ever dying, ever crying
A heart must bear its scars
Let to fly in the sky
This stone becomes a star

Mourning hearts turn to a drip
My mind departs with one last sip
God bless this heavy heart
The sinking stone that pulled me apart
Thankful to the weary sky
Through his pain I’ve seen his eye
I won’t forget his tears
His heavy, healing tears