Diamonds and Roses


Soft–spoken words
Set to earth’s sweet song
Gentle reeds, humble grass
Weakness is so strong
A symphony of gentle sounds
A spirit awakening
Birds fly from the abbey
Hear the church-bells ring
Words give speech to life
But they cannot define
As the smell of spring
It cannot be held in mind
That I could say all I feel
Oh a day that would be
My heart would spill water
My mind would roam free
A hidden river it remains
Showing here and there
Sparkling as sunlight
It is all too rare

To paint a picture in my mind
A beauty can be hard to find
Much pain may be consumed
But it is worth the cherished bloom
I search the stars for a gem
A diamond in the mine
Every now and then they show
Greater than the last find
Yet some remain left alone
Content to be alive
Not to be described
In the silence they thrive
A rose not to be picked
To remain untouched
Never to be picked
Never to be crushed 

0 comments: