Deliverance (Psalm 34:4)

Well, we got the Liver Enzyme count test back this afternoon and it is perfectly normal, which basically means that my intestines are almost completely healed!!! It's just going to be a slow recovery from the last year and a half of this and then I am hoping to be completely healed. Wow, it's so weird, I feel like a new man even in that knowledge that it is going to get better from here. It's like I was in a free fall for these last 16 months but God pulled me up just as I was about to hit the ground.
All of this fit in flawlessly with something that I heard from God at Sigma this summer. I was walking down from our cabin to the mess hall one night when I heard this conversation pop into my head. It was God and Satan talking about me and I was eaves dropping. The conversation went something like this:
"Alright Satan, I have seen Christopher's worth, so I'll make you a deal: Give me a while to strengthen Christopher in this place and to draw him near to me, then he is yours to test. I will let you put him to the test so that you may also see his worth."
And that was what I heard. It occurred just a split second, but it kept my mind spinning for weeks. I knew that it was not something that I had just made up; I knew that it was real, and while I was scared at first, I knew I was ready. It was a sabotage against my joy and my life, but God stayed true to me even through all of this and I have pulled through to the end. Even as I finish this race, I see another drawing near, but I know my God is with me and he will never turn on me.
Even though clouds rage on, even though storms race in; Even though rains will pour down, even though waves will crash around, I will be safe in your arms. "I will extol the Lord at all times; his praise will always be on my lips" ~Psalm 34:1~

"I sought the Lord and He answered me; He delivered me from all of my fears."
~Psalm 34:4~

0 comments: