Psalm 16:2

It never ceases to amaze me how God works. I simply put an honest question before Him and then He'll teach me something or show me where I am weak. I've recently realized that God has slipped out of my mind as I'm starting back into school and am getting closer to my friends and growing older. I had to pause and just say, "God, do not let me fall away from you. Show me where my true love is, help me to see that you are all that is good in me and you are all that I need. Help me to re-focus on You and never let me loose sight of your beauty."

It really is amazing just how quickly God works, because the next day he started moving things around in my life. He started shifting my perspective and changed the way I saw situations. He changed my outlook on life just like that. I asked earnestly for Him to intervene and he did just that. I realized that I was relying on my own strength again, that I was thinking that I could do it without any help and THAT was my falling point. I CANNOT do it on my own, it's like trying to find your way through a maze with your eyes closed when there's a light just above you. I have that light on me, but everything tells me that I can do it, that I don't need anyone. It's the way the world perceives masculinity. Independent, strong, self sufficient, but that is not what I am called to be. I am called to be weak so that God can shine through me and lift me in my weakness. It's like training for football. I have to fall down to my weakest point so that I can become strong, only this strength does not come from me, it comes from my father.

I need your guidance lord, I need your strength. You are all the good in me, you are the life within my chest. Keep me alongside you and do not let me drift away. When I start to look down at the ground, pull my head up to your face.

I said to the Lord, "You are my Lord; I have no good besides You."
~Psalm 16:2~

0 comments: