Stomach Update (finally)

Alright,I figured it's about time to start updating the progress (or lack there of) on my GI issues that have been going on over the last year or so.
So over the last few months my doctor (Dr. Riddley) has been working with me to find the source of all of my stomach issues. The first thing that led us to a find a new doctor was our old doctor said that it was 'just the high pectin content of fruit'. So we found Dr. Riddley. The first problem we found was that because of the bad state of my gut, I had developed several food intolerances (including wheat, egg, milk, and yeast). She said that if I stayed off of all of these foods for about 90 days I would start feeling better pretty quickly. Well, a few weeks in, we discovered that that wasn't the only problem, because I've gone several months without and of the foods that I'm sensitive to. We went back and based on the things we told her, she said that I also had a yeast infection. She said that because of my 'leaky gut', the PH balance of my intestines had gone more acidic which creates a perfect environment for yeast to grow in. So she said that I needed to not have any simple sugars for a while about two weeks to try and kill off the yeast. But it has taken much longer than the two weeks originally though, I think we're in week 6 right now. She also told us to keep a food journal so she could analyze any other problems that might be there. I brought it in one day and she told me that based on my reactions to certain foods on the list and because of the state of my gut I also had a problem ingesting the high levels of histamines in most nuts and soy. So for the times when I would have nuts, she gave me a histamine interceptor that basically just kills them before they can do anything to me. But through all of this, I still seemed to be hurting. It's been really hard to get off of peanut butter for those of you who know me, so Soy Nut Butter has been kind of like a comfort food for me (it's a lot like the texture and tast of PB). So I went in yesterday and she said that I might be developing an allergy to Soy and need to have it only every 3 or 4 days so I don't develop a sensitivity to it. It's been really hard though just trying to find things I can eat when I'm out and about, and I usually just take my own food with me everywhere I go.
Well, that's what's been going on with my gut lately. If you have any questions about it, just post a comment and I'll answer it the best I can. Thanks for being here for me guys, it really means a lot.

0 comments: