Dimmer Switch Christians

Here's a question that's been running through my head the last few months: Am I a Christian who shines will all my life for God or a Christian that dims under pressure. This question leads me term "Dimmer Switch Christian" as someone who turns down their light just a little to fit in that much better. Is that even a Christian at all? I have pledged my life to God and everything I do is to glorify Him, but if I give in to the darkness around me, can I call myself a Christian?

Alright, imagine this for a sec (longhorns beware): You are an Aggie in Austin and a friend takes you to the campus of UT where you go into a store so they can buy some hat or something. As you sit at the counter checking out, the cashier sees you wearing your graduation ring, what do you do? Do you tell him: A: you are holding it for a friend; B: it was your dad's parting gift to you; or C: "I am an Aggie and proud of it!!!" If you call yourself an Aggie (even if I don't go to school there...yet) then you would choose C, or are you really that much of a sellout?

Why is it so hard for us to live for God then? Why do we struggle to set ourselves apart on this earth? Is it just that we are that ungrateful to God or is it because of the fear of what people might do? It's not the safest thing to be an Aggie in Austin either, but we wouldn't take off our ring for that. So what is it about living for God that is so hard for us? What is the difference? We should be a beacon of hope to the hurt and crushed in spirit, to those who have lost their way and are dying. If we are too scared to reflect the love that God has shone on us, if we can't be like the moon and shine His love in the dark, maybe we aren't who we say we are after all.

0 comments: