Low Blows

Something that I have just started learning about life is just how sneaky the enemy is. As a kid I was always told that he was "as slippery as a snake" but I didn't really understand. I had no freaking clue just how sneaky and low he is. The most recent indecent, the driving force behind this post, is just the latest installment in the chain of events set out to keep me from living my life for God.


As many of you know my sister and I (and maybe my brother Ben) have been trying to record a CD with some songs like "Revelation Song" and "He Reigns" on it for quite some time now. It is kind of hard to do without a mic stand (not pointing finger at who lost that particular piece of equipment) or somewhere to record (it can be quite challenging in a house of 7). Grace and I had been talking about songs we wanted to record and were singing them together in the car when I suddenly had an overwhelming inspiration to record some music. I got home and cleaned out my closet (for the first time in a year or more) and set up some recording equipment and chairs and what not. I got in there to test the sound with our 'acoustic padding' (aka shirts and pants on hangers) and see how Garage Band would work with it. Lo and behold when I open Garage Band and start recording it can't pick up hardly and sound from the mic. Now, I had had this problem before with my other mac, but it was because of the computer's lack of a input jack , so I thought that with the new mac it would work great. But it didn't. I tried all sorts of things and ended up plugging the mic into our amp and playing into that instead, which worked fine. It just will not work with my mac. So, needless to say it was very frustrating and that on top of all the other stuff happening with us trying to record has just been one big headache.


It is almost laughable to see how Satan is working here. Every time I try to record or make any steps in that direction it is always shut down one way or another. I know for a fact that Satan would love to stop us from recording simply for the fact that we are glorifying God with our talents and are pointing to Him through our music. So on that remark it is no surprise to me that the enemy wants to shut us down, but is still hurts and I am always left infuriated. I know that we can't fight this alone, so I am asking all or you for prayer for us, that God will give us either an opportunity to record or even play somewhere. Thank you so much.



Sincerely,
Christopher Coan

0 comments: