A Righteous Plea

Father, here you see
Wicked things are done
Reliance is created
Drawn to as the sun
Weary fish unto bait
Hunger may be filled
But in their hearts, a hook
Young blood is spilled
Follow blind as bats
Feeling warmth and care
Knowing not where they go
Affection is their snare
A longing filled inside them
They cannot deny
Held to as a spell
God you see the lie
It stands proud before us
It sits with head held right
Standing as a candle
Atop lies not a light
Feeding on innocence
Longing, this disease
They find fulfillment here
It takes what it please
Where is the righteousness
Who will cast out night?
Will there be no end to this
Is freedom not in sight?

Give me strength to testify
Be the spirit here
In you God I am strong
In you I have no fear
Be the light behind me
The hands to clean the dirt
To reach below my comfort
Touch the pain and hurt
You know where it lies
How to heal the pain
When the cloud has left
Light will shine again

1 comments:

Lolai said...

Sweet, Chris.
I especially like the last section.