Cracks of Light

Meetings, greetings; coming, going

Ever changing, never showing
Shattered glass changes view
Cracks in light alter you
Pulling, changing ocean tide
Upon the bough I take a ride
Deepening waves alter sight
Dancing light turns to night
Moon give and take away
Reducing night, bringing day
My fish’s eye, all is bleak
Hints of life have their leak
Chasing butterflies by day
Impressions cast pave my way
Dying sun, dying soul
As the earth my mind grows cold
Catching all yet holding none
Show me I have just begun
Lost from good ‘ol days
Silence grows, I make my way
Quiet walks heal a mind
In remain it will bind
In my wake, not a soul
With each thump another hole
Another night, another blue
Not to stop ‘till I reach you
No equation set to worth
What equates truth unearthed?
Sent to save a broken heart
Worth a rescue from the start
Called by one good and strong
Listen for its beating song
A prisoner caught in war
Wounded and sore
Hold on dear heart
You are set apart

0 comments: