Newspaper Men

This evening, my sister and I went to go see State of Play (great movie by the way, you should definitely go see it) at Tinseltown. I was going on and on in the car about how we would probably not get good seats if any considering it was 4:20 and that the movie started at 4:40 and we were 15 minutes drive away from the theater. We got there and got our tickets, and then headed to the "big screen" to go see it. We got into the theater and there were maybe three people there. I was shocked, why would a movie this big not bring an equally big crowd?

We watched the movie and I absolutely LOVED it. It was brilliantly written and masterfully filmed and I can't wait to go see it again (anyone wanna go?). So, we get to the end of the film and I rave on about how great the movie was and my sister nodded and said "I though it was alright". This also confused me. How could you not see how amazing and complex this story was, how masterfully the characters played out and how well the actors were cast (except for the editor-in-chief lady, don't get me started about her...).

Then we watched through the credits like any teenagers would do when it was between that and going home to hear your little brother crying about not getting "pink juice". The credits were so neat to me, with the newspapers being printed and how those guys in the printing room had absolutely no frigin clue what was going on. They probably just though "Hey look, it's a new paper! I wonder what this one's about?". They had no conception that this paper would change everything. This was an amazing thought to me, this is how Jesus came to the world. He didn't go around alerting everyone that he was coming or run through the print factory telling everyone that this story would change the world, he just came, like any ordinary baby, or paper would come. God sat up endless nights writing this amazing story, and most people see it as "alright". They miss the sheer brilliance of it and they miss how this story will change the very foundations of their lives. This story is big, and the sad thing is, most people just don't see it.


0 comments: