Here With Us

A friend of mine has been writing a lot of amazing music lately and she let me listen to a song she had just recorded on her iPod. It was an amazing song, so peaceful and calm, it made me just want to find a hammock and take a nap for a while. I gave her back the iPod and then we got back to talking again. Just this morning, I had a though about this, why would I listen to something she did when she was right here with me, and I could be hearing what she is doing? And while I love to listen to her music (and will definitely buy a copy when she get's a record deal), I could be talking with her face to face. This seems kinda like how we see God. We read his word, which is something he has said, when we could be talking directly to him and hear what he is saying. And while the bible is a beautiful book, and has so many amazing things in it, wouldn't we rather talk to God himself, the author of not only the book, but of all life? You don't have to wait until a meal to talk with him, I mean, do you think your friend would appreciate it if you only talked to him while your mouth is full? God doesn't want to wait for us to get everything straight in our lives before we talk to him, he's waiting and he is longing to talk to you.

0 comments: