Semper Fidelis

Semper Fidelis: Always Faithful.
This has really meant alot to me over the last couple of months, knowing that God is always faithful. I've really had some soul searching recently, starting back at Sky Ranch last summer. It was the last night of camp and I was balling my eyes out, I was so sad that I has to leave this place where I felt like I was camping with God. But then it struck me, why did I think that this was the only place I could be with God? Was there something magical about this place, or had I really found God for the first time? I looked up at the moonlit clouds that warm summer night and saw God's face, like I'd never seen him before and he had been behind a mask all along.
I gave my life to God that night, but this time, not just so I could be cool like my friend and get to be on the big TV screen, but because I had found God. He had been waiting for me for 16 years, never questioning whether or not I was worth it, but truly waiting for me. From that day forward He has been the first one I told how I feel, the first one I told what I think. He is truly my father and my greatest friend, and no matter what what I do on this earth, whether I turn my back on him or even spit on his face, he is Semper Fidelis.

0 comments: